Residential Permits

Before beginning construction, (including addition, exterior alteration, reconstruction, or relocation) of any building or accessory structure, a Zoning Certificate (permit) must be obtained. Click here to download a permit application. There is a $30.00 application fee for each permit.

Permits are typically issued within a week after you apply.  Drawings are always helpful and may be required for certain structures.  Call 937-237-5815 to inquire about the need for drawings of your project.

  • Accessory Building
  • Alteration/ Remodeling (exterior only)
  • Carport
  • Garage
  • Hot Tub
  • Patio Enclosure
  • Patio Cover
  • Pergola
  • Pool (2 feet or more in depth)
  • Room Addition
  • Temporary Dumpster (No fee at this time, limit 2 per year)
  • Temporary Storage/P.O.D.
  • Tower- Residential Use 

Building Permits

 Zoning and Building Permits provide uniform minimum standards for the construction, alteration, repair and maintenance of buildings and structures. The City of Huber Heights utilizes Montgomery County Building Department (MCBD) as their own; to reach them please call 937-225-4622.  The following need MCBD inspections:

  • New and Replacement Plumbing
  • Heating and Air Conditioning
  • Electrical Wiring
  • Sign Installation and/or Refacing
  • Framing for Interior or Exterior Renovations or Repairs

New Construction Permits

The City of Huber Heights requires a permit before beginning construction, reconstruction, moving, exterior alteration or addition to any building or structure. Click here to download the permit application. Submission requires three copies of site and construction plans drawn to scale. These plans cannot be emailed, but must be dropped off to the Zoning Office located within City Hall. 

  • Commercial
  • Industrial
  • Residential

Other Required Permits