Starting a Business


When selecting a location for a new business, it is advised to determine how the property is zoned. The type of business that will be conducted at the location must be a permitted use. To check the zoning of any property located in Huber Heights, simply call City Hall at 937-233-1423 and give the property address. The permitted uses are listed in the Huber Heights Zoning Code.  You may also call Don Millard, Code Enforcement Administrator, at 937-237-5815 with any questions.

Applications, Certificates & Fees

When starting a new business, an application for a certificate of zoning compliance is required prior to opening. The certificate is valid for the life of the business while located at the address applied for. In the event the business changes locations, a new application must be applied for. The application fee is $50 and is paid at the time of application.

Advertising SIGNAGE

All identifying and advertising signage for any business is required to have a permit. Size and placement requirements, applications, and fees can be found in the Huber Heights Zoning Code (add link) or by calling the Huber Heights Zoning Department.

Sign Applications

Before a sign application is submitted it is a good idea to review the Huber Heights Zoning Code. You can view Chapter 1189 of the Zoning Code here or contact Don Millard, Code Enforcement Administrator, at 937-237-5815.