The City of Huber Heights has worked hard to compile the tools needed that help to attract, create, grow, and retain businesses through competitive incentives and meaningful, targeted investments.
Incentives through the City of Huber Heights
Community Reinvestment Areas (CRAs)- Real Property Tax Abatement
- Gives local communities authority to provide real-property tax incentives for businesses that invest in designated Ohio areas for up to 15 years.
- Find an overview of the CRA program (PDF).
Infrastructure Cost Participation
- Assists new projects with the cost of required off-site infrastructure improvements through direct City participation or deferment/waiver.
- The Land Reutilization Program is a program administered by the City of Huber Heights in conjunction with Montgomery County, Ohio. The purpose of the program is to identify and transition vacant, property tax-delinquent properties to a productive use with responsible owners.
Incentives through Montgomery County
ED/GE Program (Economic Development/Government Equity Program)
The ED/GE Program, which was established in 1992, to spur economic growth, as well as create a regional cooperation between Montgomery County jurisdictions. The overall purpose of the ED/GE Program is to promote economic health and take advantage of economic opportunities for all businesses of the County.
This program enables participation jurisdictions to apply for grants for capital improvement projects each year. This grant is focused on job creation, job retention, tax base expansion and competing successfully as a region in national and international markets.
There are two funding cycles per year. Applications are submitted by the City of Huber Heights on behalf of the business. The program focuses on assisting projects that have the potential to attract new jobs, retain existing jobs, and/or invest in high growth industries, along with other characteristics.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
Montgomery County receives CDBG funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development with the goals of promoting community growth, including economic development.
Incentives through the State of Ohio, Development Services & JobsOhio
Welcome to Ohio, The State of Perfect Balance.
View the Bus Grants Loans page.
166 Direct Loan
- Direct loan financing is available to help finance new building construction, building acquisition, and acquisition of machinery and equipment.
Job Creation Tax Credit (JCTC)
- A refundable tax credit to companies creating at least 25 new full-time jobs (within 3 years) in Ohio. The credit may be available for certain high-wage industries creating 10 or more new full-time jobs within 3 years.
Third Frontier Project
- These incentives from the Third Frontier Project are the State’s largest-ever commitment to expanding Ohio’s high-tech research capabilities and promoting innovation and company formation that will create high-paying jobs for generations to come.