I am retired. Do I have to pay taxes?

Social Security income and pension income are not taxable at the local level; however, as a resident of Huber Heights, you are still required to file an annual return. If you are retired, but receive other types of income, such as part time wages or rental income, you are required to file a return and pay the tax on that income. In some circumstances, retired residents can become exempt from filing annual returns. Please contact the tax office at 937-237-2976 or via email to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Huber Heights tax rate?
2. Who is required to file a Huber Heights Tax Return?
3. When is my Huber Heights Tax Return due?
4. I am under the age of 18, but working. Do I have to file a return?
5. I am retired. Do I have to pay taxes?
6. I am a college student and live away from Huber Heights while attending school. Do I have to file a return?
7. Can my spouse and I file a joint tax return?
8. What documents do I have to attach to my return?
9. I live in Huber Heights, but my employer does not withhold city tax. Can I pay all of my Huber Heights tax when I file my return?
10. I have only lived in Huber Heights for a few months. What do I have to do?
11. Was the city income road tax that was voted in many years ago, temporary?