Safety & City Services FAQs
As we continue on with our community engagement effort, we have recognized that some common questions come up routinely. In an effort to communicate the information we get from residents out to the rest of the community, we have created this list of FAQs. We understand many people have individual or unique questions, and we want to hear from you through any of the available methods. Knowing that, this list is not all-inclusive, but we will continue to build it as we frequently hear questions. Thanks to everyone for reaching out and helping us guide our informational efforts.
- What is the state of the city’s financial situation?
- Why hasn’t the city informed the residents of this financial situation?
- If the city knew it was spending its cash reserves, why is the music center being built?
- How was the construction contract for the music center awarded?
- How does the cost of our music center compare to the one built in Cincinnati?
- What is the projected economic development impact of the music center?
- What will the music center’s impact on our city’s safety services be?
- Where can I view specific information regarding the city’s financial status?
- Why is the city talking about raising taxes instead of making do with less money?
- What exactly is taxed in an earned income tax?
- How can I participate in having my voice heard by city officials?
- Can the city explain the use of the Emergency Clause that seems to be used for legislative actions taken by the City?