RSS Feed - The City of Huber Heights
Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Engineering Forms

Written by


All Permit Forms are now in a PDF fill-able format for your convenience - Please complete and bring to the City's Engineering Department for payment processing and approval. (CASH OR CHECKS ONLY-MADE PAYABLE TO THE CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS) .  See the Fee Schedule under Engineering Fees 

Contact Janet Schoening, in the Engineering  Office with questions @937-237-5810.

Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Engineering Fees

Written by
Inspection Fee for Water, Sanitary and Storm Sewer Lines $3.50 per linear foot
Inspection Fee for Water and Sanitary Service Laterals $75.00 per lateral
Work within Right-of-Way Permit $30.00
Demolition Permit $40.00
Grading/Site Work $100 per acre, plus $25.00 inspection fee
Engineering Review Fees 0.5% (0.005) of Approved Engineers Estimate for Public Improvements
Site Plan Re-inspection Fee After Second Inspection $30.00

Water Tap-in Fees

Meter Size
5/8" and 3/4"
1" $1,400.00
1.5" $2,500.00
2" $3,750.00
3" $7,500.00
4" $12,000.00
6" $23,000.00
8" $36,000.00

Sanitary Sewer Tap-in Fees

Meter Size
5/8" and 3/4"
1" $900.00
1.5" $1,700.00
2" $2,750.00
3" $5,500.00
4" $8,500.00
6" $16,500.00
8" $25,500.00


Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Workforce Development

Written by

Providing for our growing workforce

Providing for our growing workforce with a superior education is a strong community tradition. Located within a 35-mile radius of the Dayton Region are:

  • 40 colleges and universities
  • 10 adult training facilities
  • 600 undergraduate programs
  • 140 graduate degree programs

Within minutes of Huber Heights are a host of nationally acclaimed institutions of higher learning. Together they offer everything from advanced degrees to executive leadership training.

  • Air Force Institute of Technology
  • Antioch University/ McGregor School
  • Cedarville University
  • Central State University
  • University of Dayton
  • Urbana University
  • Wilberforce University
  • Wittenburg University
  • Wright State University

One of the best vocational and some of the best two-year colleges can be found in the Miami Valley.

Training Grants

Training funds are available primarily for industrial and eligible administrative or office operations that are creating or retaining jobs. The Ohio Investment in Training Program can assist with up to 50% (and up to 75% in eligible areas) of training costs, including management techniques, instructor fees, “train-the-trainer”, eligible travel costs, and other related expenses. The federal Workforce Investment Act funds are managed by local One-Stop Centers.

Helping you on your journey to success

Aileron is a non-profit organization created to strengthen communities by helping business owners lead and manage their companies, driving growth, innovation and jobs. Aileron is located within minutess of Huber Heights. In 1996, Clay Mathile--former owner of The Iams Company--created Aileron to help fuel private business and free enterprise, providing business owners with the tools and support they need to mature and succeed. Clay's journey to build Iams was full of sacrifice, determination and continuous learning, and he recognized that many people helped him along his path to success. Therefore, he's passionate about providing resources to others on the same journey. And it is through Aileron that Clay works to help these other business owners on their journey to success.

Summer YouthWorks Program

Take a moment to view a video that reviews Montgomery County's Summer YouthWorks Program.

Click HERE to view the video

The youths' wages are provided through State and County funds, which is a tremendous benefit to the participating businesses. This collaboration provides the work experience and guidance needed to create a strong and informed future workforce.

Montgomery County will:

  • Approve applications
  • Contribute the salary for the youth
  • Issue Workers Compensation insurance
  • Provide Job Readiness Training
  • Perform case management services for all youth

Participating businesses will:

  • Identify positions, required skills, and attire for participating youth
  • Employ youth between the ages of 14 - 17 for 8 weeks during the summer of 2014
  • Agree to deliver a valuable work experience and knowledge of your industry by training, mentoring, and evaluating the youth

In 2014, YouthWorks will provide employment opportunities for 2,000 young people that will help shape their future and create a generation of career informed youth.

To participate in 2014, contact:

Rocky Rockhold at  937-225-4077  or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Business Resources

Written by


Business First!
The BusinessFirst! Program uses a customer-oriented approach to economic development designed to link businesses to resources in the community. The BusinessFirst! team is a coordinated group of more than 50 government agencies, development organizations and nonprofit corporations.

The goal of the program is to provide a single point of contact for all of your business needs. An Outreach Specialist, a professional in the economic development community, will learn more about your business and help to identify area resources to help you succeed in today's competitive environment.

Since 1979, CountyCorp has had a history of dedication toward expanding affordable housing and economic development opportunities while improving the quality of life for the residents of Huber Heights and throughout the Miami Valley. CountyCorp administers a host of affordable housing and economic development programs using local, state, and federal funding sources.


Huber Heights Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber of Commerce works closely with businesses to promote, support and assist local businesses.

The Dayton Job Center
The Job Center is prepared to help your business with large recruitment efforts, pre-employment and pre-interview screenings, and job postings.

Dayton Development Coalition
The Dayton Development Coalition is a private, not-for-profit organization that seeks to bring economic development and jobs and prosperity to the 13-county region that surrounds Dayton, Ohio and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. The Dayton Development Coalition seeks to develop the economy of the Dayton Region by working as a team with their community partners and by emphasizing an economic development strategy that is forward looking and takes advantage of the abundant resources of the community. These efforts by the DDC and their partners have resulted in growth at the Region's largest employer, Wright-Patterson, as well as the development of key economic clusters that position the Dayton Region very well for the economy of the future. The City of Huber is a proud member of the Coalition.

Ohio Small Business Development Centers

The SBDC at Wright State offers no cost, confidential, professional businesss counseling provided by Certified Business Advisors.  The SBDC helps you to start your business, grow your business and stay in business.  The Center provides in-depth business consulting in areas such as business management, government regulations, financing, international trade and product development. 


The Ohio State Treasurer offers reduction on loans that are to help small businesses who plan to hire new employees through their program GrowNow.

Small Business Advocates strives to give small businesses a wealth of information on a broad range of topics related to their financial well-being. We offer information how to handle tax delays, how to make pay roll, how to separate business and personal finances and numerous other pages of helpful information. Visit and  







Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Income Tax FAQ's

Written by

What is the Huber Heights tax rate?
Effective 1/01/2015, the tax rate is 2.25%. For tax years 2009 through 2014, the rate was 2%.  For tax years 2006 through 2008, the tax rate was 2.25%. For tax years 2000 through 2005, the tax rate was 1.95%.

Who is required to file a Huber Heights Tax Return?
All Huber Heights residents 18 years of age or older are required to file returns annually. Non-residents are required to file only when they earn income within the City of Huber Heights which is not fully withheld upon, or have a business or rental property in the City. Every business located in or performing services in the City is required to file annual returns. All returns are required regardless of the amount of income received or losses incurred.

When is my Huber Heights Tax Return due?
The due date for calendar year taxpayers is April 15th. The due date for fiscal year taxpayers is 3 ½ months after fiscal year end.

I am under the age of 18, but am working. Do I have to file a return?
As of 01/01/09, residents are not taxable until they reach the age of 18. Prior to 1/01/09, Huber Heights residents became taxable at the age of 16. If you were age 16 or 17 for tax years 2008 and prior, and were fully withheld, you are not required to file a return. If your taxes were not fully withheld, you are required to file and pay the tax due.

I am retired. Do I have to pay tax?
Social Security income and pension income are not taxable at the local level; however, as a resident of Huber Heights, you are still required to file an annual return. If you are retired, but receive other types of income, such as part time wages or rental income, you are required to file a return and pay the tax on that income. In some circumstances, retired residents can become exempt from filing annual returns. Please contact the tax office to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.

I am a college student and live away from Huber Heights while attending school. Do I have to file a return?
Yes. If you maintain Huber Heights as your legal residence, you are required to file a return even though much of your time may be spent out of the City. Any income that you earn is taxable to Huber Heights regardless of where earned.

Can my spouse and I file a joint tax return?
For tax years 2008 and forward, you can file jointly with your spouse, or individually. For tax years 2007 and prior, the City of Huber Heights required individual filing only. The format of the Huber Heights tax return form for tax years 2007 and prior provides you with the ability to both use the same form, but your and your spouse’s incomes are not combined.

What documents do I have to attach to my return?
Documentation is required to support all income, credits and adjustments shown on your city return. The specific forms needed will vary depending on each taxpayer’s situation. Examples of necessary forms, if applicable: W-2s (showing Federal, Medicare and Local wage amounts, and amount of city tax withheld for all cities); 1099s; page 1 of Fed Form 1040; Fed Schedule C, E, K, or K-1; Form 2106 and Fed Schedule A; page 1 & 2 of Fed Form 4797; Fed Form 1065, 1120 or 1120-S and supporting schedules; documentation to support part year residency.

I live in Huber Heights, but my employer does not withhold city tax. Can I pay all of my Huber Heights tax when I file my return?
No. The Huber Heights Ordinance requires you to have at least 90% of your Huber Heights tax paid in by January 31st of the following year. This can be paid through withholdings and/or quarterly estimated payments. If you do not have at least 90% of your current year’s tax (or an amount equal to 100% of your prior year’s tax) paid by January 31st, you will be charged an underpayment of estimated tax penalty.

I live in Huber Heights and work in Dayton. Do I get a refund?
No. If you work in any city with a tax rate higher than Huber Heights, you receive a credit for tax paid to that city, but the credit will not exceed the Huber Heights tax rate. Your taxes are first paid to the city that you work in. Your residence city does not receive any of those taxes; therefore, cannot refund it. If you work in a city whose tax rate is lower than Huber Heights, you receive a credit for tax paid to that city, and you will owe Huber Heights the difference.

I do not live or work in Huber Heights, but my employer withheld Huber Heights tax by mistake. Can I get a refund?
Yes. You must file a Refund Request Form which must be signed and certified by your employer, and include your W-2.

I have only lived in Huber Heights for a few months. What do I have to do?
You are required to file a Huber Heights return for any portion of the year that you were a resident. Taxable income will be based on the income that you earned while a resident only (unless the income was earned within the City of Huber Heights, in which case it is fully taxable). You must attach documentation of your part year income such as a pay stub closest to the date that you moved in or out.

If you have any further questions about Huber Heights income tax, please contact our office at (937) 237-2976. You can visit our office in person at 6383 Brandt Pike, in the Huber Centre. You can also e-mail questions to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Non-Taxable Items

Written by
Interest income Prizes or gifts not connected with employment
Dividends Patent and copyright income
Capital gains Royalties derived from intangible income
Housing allowances for the clergy to the extent that the allowance is used to provide a home Active duty military pay (including National Guard and Reserves when on active duty)
Social Security Educational scholarships unless subject to federal taxation
Income from federally qualified retirement or pension plans State unemployment benefits
Earnings of persons under 18 years of age, as of 1/1/09 Proceeds of life insurance
Worker’s compensation Court ordered child support
Health and welfare benefits distributed by governmental, charitable, religious or educational organizations Compensatory insurance proceeds derived from property damage or personal injury settlements
Alimony Annuity distributions
Gambling and lottery winnings prior to 1/1/09 Proceeds from permanent disability benefits
Poll workers at elections (under $1,000.00)  
Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

Taxable Items

Written by
Gross wages, salaries and other compensation Royalties, if not derived from intangible property
Commissions, fees and other earned income Stock options (taxed when exercised, valued at market price less option price on the date the option is exercised)
Gambling and lottery winnings after 1/1/09 Employer paid premiums for group term life insurance usage (taxed at fair market value) or excess employee discounts
Vacation pay Prizes and gifts if connected with employment
Bonuses, stipends and tips (including allocated tips) Income from guaranteed annual wage contracts
Employer supplemental unemployment benefits (SUB pay) Income from jury duty
Director fees Executor fees
Strike pay Union steward fees
Employee contributions to retirement plans and tax deferred annuity plans (including SEC. 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.) Net profits of rentals, businesses, professions, sole proprietorships, joint ventures, partnerships, corporations, LLC’s, etc.
Profit sharing Ordinary gains as reported on Federal Form 4797
Income from wage continuation plans (including retirement incentive plans, severance pay and golden parachute payments) Amounts realized on a sale or exchange of tangible property or real property in excess of book value to the extent of depreciation allowed or allowable
Pre-retirement distributions from retirement plans Recapture of depreciation
Income from partnerships, estates or trusts Employee contributions to costs of fringe benefits
Contributions made on behalf of employees to tax deferred annuity programs Fringe benefits including uniform, automobile, moving and travel allowances
Employer provided educational assistance and/or reimbursement (taxable to the same extent as for federal taxation) Disability pay when premiums have been paid by the employer (includes third party plans)
Reimbursements in excess of deductible expense Income received as a result of a covenant not to compete
Net rental income Excess housing allowance for clergy
Farm net income  
Friday, 19 February 2010 00:00

General Information

Written by

The City imposes an income tax (also known as an earnings or wage tax) to provide revenue in support of general municipal operations, maintenance, new equipment, extension and enlargement of municipal services and facilities and capital improvements as authorized by Ordinance (84-0-157, passed by voters 11-6-84) and subsequently amended. The City of Huber Heights levies a tax on salaries, wages, commissions and other compensation, and on net profits as provided in the Ordinance (see below). Effective 1/1/15, the income tax rate for the City of Huber Heights is 2.25%.

The City of Huber Heights requires mandatory, annual filing of income tax returns. All residents 18 years of age and older, and all businesses within the City, are required to file a return no later than April 15 (or 3 1/2 months following the end of their fiscal year) reporting all earnings for the previous year, regardless of whether or not a tax is due. If the resident is employed outside the City of Huber Heights and the employer does not withhold city taxes at a tax rate equal to or greater than Huber Heights' tax rate, it is the responsibility of the resident to file and to pay quarterly estimates on the wages they anticipate they will earn for the current year. Failure to do so may result in a penalty assessment.

Each employer located within or doing business within the City of Huber Heights is required to withhold city income tax from all compensation paid to their employees age 18 and over. The withholding tax must be remitted on a monthly basis unless the withheld amounts are less than $200.00 per quarter.

 Taxpayer Rights and Appeal

“Taxpayers' rights and responsibilities” means the rights provided to taxpayers in sections 718.11 , 718.12 , 718.19, 718.23, 718.36, 718.37, 718.38, 5717.011 , and 5717.03 of the Ohio Revised Code and any corresponding ordinances of the Municipality, and the responsibilities of taxpayers to file, report, withhold, remit, and pay municipal income tax and otherwise comply with Chapter 718. of the Ohio Revised Code and resolutions, ordinances, and rules adopted by a municipal corporation for the imposition and administration of a municipal income tax.

These rights and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:

• The municipal corporation shall maintain a Local Board of Tax Review to hear appeals of the taxpayer on assessments issued
   by the Tax Administrator.  The Taxpayer or the Tax Administrator may appeal the Final Determination of the Local Board of
   Tax Review. 
• Civil actions to recover municipal income tax, penalties and interest have time limits.
• Taxpayer has a prescribed manner in which to request a refund from the Tax Administrator.
• Taxpayer has a required responsibility to timely and accurately file annual returns, reports, documents, and to timely remit
   all taxes due on such annual returns, reports, documents and filings.
• At or before the commencement of an audit (where the Tax Administrator has ordered the appearance of the taxpayer), 
   the Tax Administrator shall inform and provide the Taxpayer with certain information regarding the audit.
• Taxpayer has a required responsibility to allow examination of their books, papers, records, and federal and state income
   tax returns by the Tax Administrator.
• Taxpayer has certain recourse if aggrieved by an action or omission of the Tax Administrator, their employee or an
   employee of the municipal corporation.  

How to file an appeal with the Local Board of Tax Review - Please refer to Section 718.11 of the Ohio Revised Code

 1. Right to Appeal:  An Appeal may be filed when a Taxpayer:
     A. Disputes an Assessment issued by the Tax Administrator regarding an underpayment of municipal income tax.
     B. Disputes a reduction in or elimination of a claim for refund, and the Tax Administrator has issued an Assessment notice.
     C. Disputes any Assessment issued by the Tax Administrator.
2.  A Taxpayer may appeal to the Local Board of Tax Review by filing a request with the Board.  The request shall be in
     writing, shall specify the reason or reasons why the assessment should be deemed incorrect or unlawful, and shall be filed
     within sixty (60) days after the receipt of the Assessment notice from the Tax Administrator.
3.  The written appeal should be sent to:
         City of Huber Heights, Division of Taxation
         P.O. Box 24309
         Secretary of the Board of Tax Review c/o Tax Administrator
         Huber Heights, Ohio  45424
     To confirm receipt of the Appeal, you may contact the Tax Administrator at 937-237-2976.
4.  Timeframe:
•   The Local Board of Review will schedule a hearing to be held within sixty (60) days after receiving the Appeal of
     Assessment.  The Taxpayer will receive, by ordinary mail, a notice instructing the Taxpayer of the date of the Appeal
     Hearing, the location, and the time of the Hearing.
•   Should the Taxpayer need additional time to prepare, the Taxpayer must request, in writing, an extension of time.  This
     extension should specify the additional time frame necessary to prepare for the hearing.  Such extension request will be 
     sent to the same address and individual as shown in #3 above.  The request for extension must be received no later than
     five working days prior to any scheduled hearing on this matter.
•   The Taxpayer has the right to waive the hearing.
•   The Board may allow a hearing to be continued as jointly agreed by both the Taxpayer and the Tax Administrator.  In such
     case, the hearing must be completed within one hundred twenty days after the first day.
5.  The Taxpayer may appear before the board and may be represented by an attorney at law, a certified public accountant,
     or other representative.
6.  The Board may affirm, reverse, or modify the Assessment or any part of the Assessment issued by the Tax Administrator.
7.  The Board shall issue a Final Determination on the Appeal within ninety (90) days after the Board's final hearing on the
     Appeal.  A copy of its Final Determination will be sent to all parties of the Appeal, by ordinary mail, within fifteen (15)
     days after issuing the Final Determination.
8.  The Taxpayer and the Tax Administrator both have the right to appeal the Final Determination by the Local Board of
     Tax Review pursuant to Section 5717.011 of the Ohio Revised Code.









Thursday, 18 February 2010 00:00


Written by

Government Sites

Montgomery County (provides building permit and inspection services for Huber Heights)

The City of Huber Heights now disposes of surplus property, equipment and vehicles by on-line auction. If you'd like to view the items available for purchase, please go to which will link you to the govdeals web site.

Dayton & Montgomery County Public Library System 937-227-9508 

Dayton Metro Library - Huber Heights  6160 Chambersburg Road  (corner of Chambersburg Rd & Brandt Pike/202)​  (937)496-8734

Montgomery County Combined Health District (provides rat and mosquito control services for Huber Heights) 937-225-4460

Montgomery County Animal Resource Center 937-898-4457

Montgomery Soil and Water Conservation District

Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (information on regional population and other demographic data)

National Sex Offender Registry

Five Rivers Metro Parks District (information on Carriage Hill and Taylorsville Reserves in Huber Heights) 937-878-4243

Miami Valley Regional Transit Authority (information on bus routes and schedules in Huber Heights and Dayton area)

Small Business Advocates strives to give small businesses a wealth of information on a broad range of topics related to their financial well-being offering information how to handle tax delays, how to make pay roll, how to separate business and personal finances and numerous other pages of helpful information. Visit and

Local Businesses

ABF (Logistics company/ Moving specialst)

Bowser-Morner, Inc. (Engineering & Testing Firm)

Callamere Farms-  Generations Construction Callamere Farms Building custom and semi custom homes without the custom price

Coldwell Banker Heritage Realty

Double H Family Christmas Tree Farm Start a holiday tradition- cut your own tree.  Visit Double H for family fun day on the farm

Gemini Eye Care

Gibson Brokers & Associates, Inc.

Globe (manufacturer of electric motors)

The Huber Heights Marriage and Relationship Center- An educationally based center that provides resources for Families in and around the surrounding Dayton area. Workshops ranging from Communication to Equine Education is available to the community.

Inverness Homes The Oaks of Huber Heights

Marshal Protective Agency

MetoKote (powder coating industry)

Ohio Home Health Care- 5050 Nebraska Ave 937-853-0271 

Oren Associates, Inc. (The Oren companies specialize in finding plaster solutions to questions about interior and exterior finishes)

Paper Transport Inc, PTI- 6061 Executive Blvd.

Persnickety Lawn and Land Care Proudly serving Huber Heights and area residents for all your lawn and landscape needs. Persnickety Lawn and Land Care

Team Pace's

Trimble (manufacturer of laser guided surveying equipment)

The Heights Racquetball & Fitness Club Not your average fitness club!

Wayne Sporting Goods

Weisenborn Insurance Service Agency Providing insurance solutions to Huber Heights since 1935.  


Dayton Area Board of Realtors

Business & Economic Development

I-70/75 Development Association (information on industrial/commercial sites)

Ohio Department of Development

General Interest

Active Dayton (information on special events, activities in the Dayton area)

Antioch University

Future Warriors - Select basketball and traveling football -  a resource page that discusses online colleges and programs 
 Students are able to gain valuable insight into their education, especially when it comes to affordable education, tuition, financial aid, cost vs. benefit, as well as career development from an online degree.

Gov Jobs Technology Center

Huber Heights Amateur Radio Club

Huber Heights Chamber of Commerce 937-233-5700

Huber Heights Soccer Association

Huber Heights City Attorney is from: Pickrel, Schaeffer & Ebeling

Optimist Club of Huber Heights-

Online Colleges.net

Ohio Online Education- Accredited Online Colleges -

Online Education Database- Resources: 

Wayne High School Alumni

Wayne Pee Wee Football Association

Huber Heights Little League

Internet Safety-

University of Dayton-

Vonage Phone Service and 1-877-830-5934

Affordable Online College

Online College




Links to and from external websites on and to the City's website shall be solely in conformance with the City of Huber Heights' Website Linking Policy and Guidelines. The policy applies to all of the City of Huber Heights' websites, and all pages and subsidiary websites operated and maintained by City Departments and Divisions. The materials and information contained on, or obtained from, the City's website are distributed and transmitted without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular use. The City of Huber Heights is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, the misuse of, or the inability to use, its website and all materials contained on the site whether the materials contained therein are provided by the City of Huber Heights or a third party. The City of Huber Heights website is not intended to be an open public forum. Links to and from external content on the web pages operated by the City of Huber Heights shall be permitted at the City's sole discretion consistent with the City's Website Linking Policy and Guidelines.

Tuesday, 16 February 2010 00:00

Public Records Commission

Written by

The Public Records Commission provides rules, guidelines, and oversight to the retention and disposal of records of the City of Huber Heights. The Public Records Commission also reviews applications for records disposal and schedules for records retention and disposition submitted by City departments and divisions. The Public Records Commission was established by City Council legislation.

The Public Records Commission meets as needed in the City Council Conference Room at Huber Heights City Hall at 6131 Taylorsville Road, Huber Heights, Ohio. The Public Records Commission is required to meet a minimum of two times annually each calendar year.

Public Records Commission Board MembershipTerm Expires
Anthony Rodgers, Clerk of Council, Chair N/A
Rob Schommer, City Manager N/A
Don Jones, Assistant City Manager N/A
Scott Falkowski, Assistant City Manager N/A
Branden Payton, Information Technology Director N/A
Jim Bell, Finance Director N/A
Bonnier Reser, Deputy Clerk of Council and Citizen N/A
Gerald McDonald, Law Director N/A

For more information, contact the Public Records Commission staff liaison, Anthony Rodgers, Clerk of Council, at (937) 237-5832.

Other Resources