Emergencies and Service Disruptions

What should I do if I need to turn off the water to my house?
Every home is equipped with a shut off valve that allows you to turn the water off inside your home. It is wise to locate that valve in case of an emergency. In most "Huber Homes", the main valve is located in the utility room, next to the water heater. It is the valve closest to the floor. (If you need assistance locating the valve, call SUEZ and schedule an appointment with a service representative to help locate the valve. There is no charge for this service.) Turning the valve clockwise should completely turn off the water inside your home. If there is no valve in this location of your home, please check with a plumber or a previous owner to find out the location of the shut off valve in your home. If you need an emergency shutoff, call SUEZ at 233-3292, 24 hours a day.

What should I do if the sewer is backing up into my house?
Call SUEZ immediately at 233-3292. Each home is also equipped with a sewer clean out that can be used as a relief valve. It is usually located somewhere close to the front of the house. In the event that the main sewer line would back up into your sewer lateral, removing the lid from this clean-out can relieve much of the pressure in the line and may keep it from backing up inside your home. To determine whether it is a sewer main line backing up or your sewer lateral line, see the next paragraph.

What do I do if all of my drains won’t drain?
Check to see if the drain problem you are having is isolated to one sink, bathtub or other single fixture. If so, the problem is in the drain line to that fixture and you are responsible for taking care of the problem. If the problem seems to be throughout the home, call SUEZ first. We will check the main lines to see if there is a back up in the sewer main system. If the problem is in the City’s sanitary sewer main line, SUEZ will clear the stoppage as quickly as possible. There is no charge for this service. If there is no stoppage in the sewer main lines, we will notify you that the problem is in your sewer lateral and you can then call a plumber or other person capable of clearing your sanitary sewer lateral.