The Land Reutilization Program is a program administered by the City of Huber Heights in conjunction with Montgomery County, Ohio.
The purpose of the program is to identify and transition vacant, property tax-delinquent properties to a productive use with responsible owners.
The program is open to anyone interested in an eligible property that meets the
requirements and standards set out by the City of Huber Heights and Montgomery
- Property must be vacant and at least 2 years delinquent on property taxes.
- Current Property Owner must not have a payment plan with County Auditor.
- Property must go through two complete sherrif sales.
- The foreclosure process may take 12 to 24 months
- A $500.00 deposit is required for all applications. This fee is non-refundable and will be credited toward the cost of the court and closing costs.
- Each parcel must have legislation passed through City Council to begin the foreclosure process
- Applicant is required to pay the court costs and closing costs for each property.
- Each property will cost between $2,000- $2,500
- The property will be deeded to the Applicant
- The previous owner's deliquent property taxes and assessments will be removed from property.
- Applicant is required to pay current property taxes on parcel once they take ownership.
- It is the Applicant's responsibility to determine if the property if vacant PRIOR to submitting an application.
Check the tax status of a parcel here. You will need the property address. Click Here